The Gatehouse Package
Enjoy authentic Scottish dining presented especially for you. This exclusive dining experience is located in Edinburgh Castle’s historic Gatehouse.
Monday to Friday: 6:45pm for the 9:30pm performance
Friday 9 August and Saturdays: 3:45pm for the 6:15pm performance
A Champagne and canapés reception
Three-course dining experience paired with specially selected wine set in the intimate 19th Century Castle Gatehouse followed by coffee, tea and traditional Scottish tablet
A VIP seat in The Royal Gallery with exceptional views of the Show
Fast-track access to the event
Invitation to our post-Show drinks and canapés reception held in the exclusive Royal Gallery
What your package includes
Dine in Edinburgh Castle's intimate 19th Century Castle Gatehouse overlooking the Esplanade, where you will be treated to a fine dining experience paired with wine followed by coffee, tea and traditional Scottish tablet.
Set in a magnificent location for an unforgettable evening, you and fellow guests will have exclusive use of the Castle Gatehouse until it is time to make your way through the great oak doors of the Castle drawbridge and down the Esplanade to take your seats in The Royal Gallery where you will be joined by The Salute Taker, fellow Tattoo guests and Dignitaries.
- A dedicated Tattoo representative to welcome you at the Castle Esplanade and escort you into the Castle Gatehouse
- Champagne and canapé reception leading into dinner
- A three-course dinner with wine followed by coffee, tea and traditional Scottish tablet
- A host will escort you from the Gatehouse to your seat in The Royal Gallery
- Fast-track access. Bypass the main Tattoo queue by using our ‘Fast-track queue’.
- A VIP seat in The Royal Gallery
- A gift bag and complimentary copy of the official Tattoo Souvenir Show Programme.
- An invitation to the post-show drinks and canapés reception held in The Royal Gallery
Please note that due to the unique location, the Castle Gatehouse is accessed via a narrow spiral staircase which may cause challenges for those with mobility issues. If you have any concerns or questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at email@example.com
Please note, The Royal Gallery dress code is Dress Uniform, National Dress, Evening Dress, or Business Attire. Jeans, short trousers, and sport shoes are not permitted. Our dress code reflects the VIP status of The Royal Gallery that regularly plays host to guests including British Royalty, foreign Heads of State, and senior politicians, and military personnel. Whilst the Royal Gallery is under cover, it is open to the front, so we ask that you bring a warm layer should the evening be a chilly one, which has been known in Scotland, even in August! Tartan blankets are provided.
This is a mixed dining experience and guests will be seated at shared tables for dinner.
Please note the menu provided is a sample menu and is subject to change.