Terms & Conditions
- Tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded after purchase.
- Please check tickets upon receipt as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Entry to a performance of the Tattoo is upon presentation of a valid ticket only. Doors open 45 minutes before the start of the performance and the ticket holder is requested to be seated 15 minutes before the start of the performance.
- We reserve the right to refuse any ticket order.
- We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchase if we have good reason to believe that these tickets have been purchased with the intention of selling them on the secondary ticketing market for purposes of commercial gain.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any ticket holder if, in our reasonable opinion, admission of the ticket holder might be a risk to the safety of the audience and/or the participants in the Tattoo and/or our employees, and/or affect the enjoyment of the audience and/or the performance of the Tattoo by way of being a nuisance, annoyance or otherwise.
- We reserve the right to alter the advertised programme of the Tattoo owing to any unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances and, except where content alteration is material, no refunds, exchanges or alternative use of tickets shall be offered or made available in such circumstances.
- Save material alteration of content/cancellation or as aftermentioned tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded after purchase. If tickets are returned to the Tattoo Office prior to the date of performance we will attempt to resell such tickets on your behalf subject to the deduction of an administration fee. Such re-sale is not guaranteed and we shall not be liable for any refund if tickets remain unsold. Tickets will be offered for resale only when all Tattoo tickets have been sold.
- Personal belongings and baggage subject to search.
- Alcohol, glass bottles and sharp objects are not permitted and will be confiscated for the duration of the performance.
- In the unlikely event that a performance is cancelled prior to the start of that performance you are entitled to a refund in the amount of the face value of the ticket providing the original ticket is returned to the point of purchase no later than 28 days after the original date of performance. No performance has ever been cancelled.
- Where payment is made by Credit or Debit card (except Counter bookings) tickets will be despatched only to the billing address of the named cardholder or held for collection by the named cardholder anytime during office hours after Tuesday 1 May 2018 (on presentation of the card used to make the transaction) at the Tattoo Ticket Sales Office at 1 Cockburn Street, Edinburgh. *See below for Despatch Terms & Conditions.
- If tickets are resold or offered for resale by anyone other than The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo or one of its authorised agents it will become void and the holder will be refused entry to the event. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes resale or attempted resale on the internet. Tickets may not be used for advertising, promotion (including contests and sweepstakes) or for any other trade purposes (save as expressly authorised by The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo).
- Data Protection: We operate and are registered as The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo Limited in accordance with current data protection legislation. Our data protection registration number is Z4681827.
In order to provide you with the best service we can, we collect certain personal information about you. When you book tickets, we may need to collect information about you to process the transaction and fulfil your order. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name, your address and your credit/debit card details. Please note that all data thus captured will be used and held in accordince with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo uses your personal information to keep you informed about events, news and offers which we think will be of interest to you. If you have chosen to receive them, we will also use your information to provide you e-mail bulletins and other email alerts letting you stay up-to-date about relevant events and offers. We may also use the information to process any transactions you undertake with us and for internal administration and analysis. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
*Ticket despatch will commence in May 2018 in process date order and tickets will be despatched only to the billing address of the named cardholder. Given the high volume of orders processed, please allow 28 days from this time for receipt of tickets. Please note, however, tickets for a performance within seven days (14 days for non-UK addresses) will be held for collection at the Tattoo Ticket Sales Office, 1 Cockburn Street, Edinburgh. On performance days the office is open from 10.00am BST until the start of the performance. We do advise, however, that tickets are collected no later than 30 minutes prior to the performance start time to allow sufficient time to walk to the Castle Esplanade (some ten minutes walk away) and be seated 15 minutes before the start of the performance.
Questions relating to our Terms & Conditions should be emailed to email@example.com
Book early to avoid disappointment