Ticket Sales Assistant
About the Tattoo
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world-class event, rooted in Scottish tradition, offering audiences an experience like no other. Performed to a live audience of 220,000 each year on the iconic esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, the Tattoo showcases creativity through music, precision performances and dance from military and cultural acts from around the globe.
The success of the Tattoo relies on the connection of performers, staff, and audiences and this enables us to contribute to Services and Arts charities each year. We’re looking for enthusiastic, passionate, and personable people to work with us and join our world-class team.
Temporary positions are available between June to 27 August 2022 (with the possibility of an extension depending on our business needs and your availability). The normal working week is 35 hours, however during the Tattoo period (5-27 August) there will be an expectation to work hours in excess of this. From June to July these hours will be arranged between 0900 and 1700 Monday to Saturday and in August, hours will be arranged between 0900 and 2300 Monday to Sunday, on a rota basis.
A first-class ambassador for The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo and the City of Edinburgh, you will be required to:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Advise and assist in the processing of orders for Tattoo tickets including hospitality packages along with memberships and merchandise.
- Correspond with members of the public and travel trade from around the world, by email, telephone, and face to face.
- Handle the administrative tasks arising from the sale of tickets.
- Offer when required, assistance to customers booking tickets online.
- Prepare and despatch Tattoo tickets and passes.
- Assist customers in accessing their mobile tickets.
- Assist in the processing of tickets for resale.
- Offer assistance to customers with ticketing queries at the Tattoo venue (The Castle Esplanade).
Essential Skills/ Characteristics
- Articulate and well-presented.
- Hardworking and reliable.
Essential Qualification/ Experience
- Previous experience of, and a genuine desire to, work in a customer interactive environment
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent computer skills, in particular a working knowledge or MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- A flexible attitude.
- The ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- A knowledge of the city of Edinburgh.
Knowledge of a foreign language would be advantageous but not essential.