About the Tattoo
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world-class event, rooted in Scottish tradition, offering audiences an experience like no other. Performed to a live audience of 220,000 each year on the iconic esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, the Tattoo showcases creativity through music, precision performances and dance from military and cultural acts from around the globe.
The success of the Tattoo relies on the connection of performers, staff, and audiences and this enables us to contribute to Services and Arts charities each year. We’re looking for enthusiastic, passionate, and personable people to work with us and join our world-class team.
The Tattoo will run from 5 – 27 August 2022, and this temporary position will begin form the end of July to the start of September to coincide with our busiest work period. The role will involve a normal working week of 40 hours, although chosen candidates may be required to work hours in excess of this. These hours are arranged on a rota basis between 0800-0200 hours daily Monday to Saturday; shifts are generally split 0800-1730 and 1600-0100/0200 (subject to change). You will be on duty every performance date (there is no performance on Sunday).
- Respond to ad hoc requests where appropriate.
- Assist office team with administrative tasks.
- Assist Hospitality and Retail with the movement of stock.
- Monitor the Tattoo Vehicle Request Log to ensure the timely, efficient, and sensible execution of collection and delivery of personnel or authorised cargo.
- Maintain the Vehicle Log for all journeys for each vehicle that has been assigned to you.
- Obey all traffic laws and regulations while driving any Tattoo Vehicle.
- Ensure the vehicle assigned to you is always:
- Clean, tidy, and presentable to a high standard
- Maintained and in a serviceable condition as far as fuel, oil and lubrication are concerned
- Secure and parked in accordance with local Traffic Regulations.
- Look after all documentation and equipment issued to you for the purpose of carrying out your duties.
- Have safety awareness of Tattoo COVID procedures.
- Display vehicle passes that have been allocated to the vehicle are to be when required e.g.
for dispensation parking and entering military installations.
- Stay within your allocated working hours as explained to you by your Line Manager, for the safety of you and your passengers.
Skills – Essential
- Good knowledge of the City of Edinburgh.
- Confident and well presented.
- Good safe driving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Approachable and helpful.
- A positive and flexible attitude.
Skills – Desirable
- Experience in a public facing role.
- First Aid.
Qualification/ Experience – Essential
- Current full UK driving licence with a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
- Must be aged 23 or over in compliance with company’s insurance terms.
- Driving capabilities assessment prior to appointment.