This is a temporary position from 30 July to 2 September 2020. Your normal working week is one of 40 hours although you may be required to work hours in excess of this. These hours are arranged on a rota basis between 0800-0200 hours daily Monday to Saturday; shifts are generally split 0800-1730 and 1600-0100/0200. You will be on duty every performance date.
Training on 28 July 2020
Job Purpose Summary
To provide general driver support to The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo (REMT) Staff, during the annual Tattoo event in Edinburgh. Ensuring the timely and efficient execution of tasks detailed to you. To have a clean, presentable, and smart appearance with a polite, welcoming, and friendly attitude and outlook.
• For the safety of you and your passengers, stay within your allocated working hours as explained to you by your Line Manager.
• Monitor the REMT Vehicle Request Log to ensure the timely collection and delivery of personnel or authorised cargo in an efficient and sensible execution of the tasking.
• Maintain the Vehicle Log for all journeys for each vehicle that has been assigned to you.
• Obey all traffic laws and regulations while driving any REMT Vehicle.
• Ensure the vehicle assigned to you is always:
o Clean, tidy and presentable to a high standard;
o Maintained and in a serviceable condition as far as fuel, oil and lubrication are concerned;
o Secure and parked in accordance with local Traffic Regulations.
• Vehicle passes that have been allocated to the vehicle are to be displayed when required e.g. for dispensation parking and entering military installations.
• Respond to ad hoc requests where appropriate.
• Assist office team with administrative tasks.
• Assist Hospitality and Retail with the movement of stock.
• Look after all documentation and equipment issued to you for the purpose of carrying out your duties.
Skills – Essential
• Good knowledge of the City of Edinburgh
• Confident and well presented
• Good safe driving skills
• Good communication skills
• Approachable and helpful
• A positive and flexible attitude
Skills – Desirable
• Experience in a Public facing role
• First Aid
Qualification/ Experience – Essential
• Current full UK driving licence with a minimum of 2 years driving experience
• Must be aged 23 or over in compliance with company’s insurance terms
• Driving capabilities assessment prior to appointment