This is a temporary position from 25 July to 28 August 2019, with training on the evening of 23 July. Your normal working week is one of 40 hours although you may be required to work hours in excess of this. These hours are arranged on a rota basis between 0800-0200 hours daily Monday to Saturday, shifts are generally split 0900-1700 and 1700-0100/0200. You will be on duty every performance night.
• Hold a current UK Driving Licence (clean) with two years of driving experience.
• Always be clean presentable and well turned out while carrying out your duties.
• Monitor The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo Vehicle Request Log to ensure timely collection of staff or persons in an efficient and sensible execution of the tasking.
• For your own and passengers safety you are to stay within your allocated working hours as explained to you by your Line Manager.
• You are to maintain the Vehicle Log for all journeys for each vehicle that has been assigned to you temporary or permanent basis.
• You are to obey all traffic laws and regulations while driving any Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo Vehicle.
• Ensuring that the vehicle assigned to you is always clean, tidy and presentable to a high standard.
• You are to ensure that any Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo Vehicle allocated to you is always maintained and in a serviceable condition at all times as far as fuel, oil and lubrication are concerned.
• Ensure that the vehicle you are responsible for is always secure and parked in accordance with local Traffic Regulations.
• Vehicle passes that have been allocated to the vehicle are to be displayed when required. E.g. for dispensation parking and entering military installations. When not required these passes are not to be displayed.
• Respond to ad hoc requests where appropriate.
• Assist office team with administrative tasks.
Skills – Essential
• Good knowledge of the city of Edinburgh
• Confident and well presented
• Good safe driving skills
• Good communication skills
• Approachable and helpful
• A positive and flexible attitude
Skills – Desirable
• Experience in a public facing role
• First Aid