Spot Light Operator
You will need to be in Edinburgh for training 29-31 July approximately 1830-2300 and hours of work are Monday to Friday 2000-2300 and Saturdays 1845-0030 every performance night 1-24 August 2019.
• Check the functionality of allocated spotlight and associated equipment; report any faults to the crew chief.
• Safely, and responsibly, operate a spotlight above the crowd at The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
• Ensure that no food or drink is consumed on the gantry.
• Ensure no alcohol is consumed immediately prior to reporting for/on duty.
• Keep gantries clear of equipment and potential trip hazards.
• Remain vigilant for unauthorised access to the lighting gantry and report intruders to the crew chief.
• Respond quickly to commands issued over the lighting network from the control room.
• Be prepared to light unexpected, or unusual requests, out with the ‘normal’ cues.
• Safely switch off and stow the spotlight at the end of the show.
• Health & Safety at Work and Clothing and Equipment: Warm clothing is required. Safety helmet is to be worn at all times.
Skills – Essential
• Good communication skills
• A positive and flexible attitude
• An understanding of lighting vocabulary and directions
• Knowing your bearings and have a good sense of direction
Skills – Desirable
• Understanding of military terminology
Qualification/Experience – Essential
• Experience in the lighting industry
Qualification/Experience – Desirable
• Experience spotlighting in an outdoor environment