About the Tattoo
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world-class event, rooted in Scottish tradition, offering audiences an experience like no other. Performed to a live audience of 220,000 each year on the iconic esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, the Tattoo showcases creativity through music, precision performances and dance from military and cultural acts from around the globe.
The success of the Tattoo relies on the connection of performers, staff, and audiences and this enables us to contribute to Services and Arts charities each year. We’re looking for enthusiastic, passionate, and personable people to work with us and join our world-class team.
Temporary positions are available between 27 June to 27 August 2022. During July, the working week is 45 hours arranged over 5 days, on a rota basis. Working Monday to Saturday 0930-1830. During the Tattoo period (5-27 August 2022) your working week will increase to 54 hours over 6 days, working Monday to Saturday 0930-1830.
Please note, you may at times be required to work slightly in excess of these hours, depending on our requirements.
Training: Week commencing 27 June 2022.
- Work in a busy, fast-paced retail environment
- Engage and interact with customers to provide exceptional standards of customer service
- Confidence to assist customers with their product selection
- Operate the till system and credit card payments, follow daily cash up procedures
- Cash handling
- Check and confirm all stock deliveries against delivery notes
- Ensure that goods are well displayed and maintain excellent shop floor standards. Ensure that the shelves are never empty and replenish stock when required.
- Process pre-orders for the annual DVD and CD
- A first-class ambassador for The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven selling skills and experience
- Hardworking, reliable and well presented
- Confident communicating with a variety of people from around the world
- Previous experience of, and a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced, customer-facing retail environment.
- The ability to engage confidently with customers from around the world
- A flexible approach
- The ability to work under pressure and without supervision
- An eye for detail
- A knowledge of the city of Edinburgh
Knowledge of a foreign language would be advantageous but not essential.