A range of temporary contracts are available from 18 May to 12 September. Start dates: 18 May / 1 June / 22 June / 13 July. Please state your availability on the application form.
The normal working week is one of 35 hours Sunday to Saturday (between 0800-1700). However, during the Tattoo period (6-29 August 2020) you may be required to work hours in excess of this on a rota basis. These hours will be arranged between 0800-2300 Sunday to Saturday – working 5 days out of every 7. You will be required to work weekends and evenings as part of your normal working week.
See starting dates above for training, plus additional training on 27/28 July 2020
Job Purpose Summary
Join the retail team of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo as a seasonal Retail Assistant based primarily at our headquarters in Cockburn Street, Edinburgh but also in our Retail Kiosk on the Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. Working with the Retail Manager/Supervisor the successful candidates will be required to maintain the high standards expected of an event such as The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
• Engage and interact with customers to provide exceptional standards of customer service.
• Confidence to assist customers with their product selection.
• Operate the till system, process cash and credit card payments, follow daily cash up procedures.
• Assist with stock deliveries.
• Ensure that goods are well displayed and maintain excellent shop floor standards. Ensure that the shelves are never empty and replenish stock when required.
• Process pre-orders for the annual DVD and CD.
• On a rota basis, sell merchandise in the Tattoo Souvenir Kiosk on the Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle.
Skills – Essential
• A first-class ambassador for The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
• Proven selling skills and experience.
• Hardworking, reliable and numerate.
• Confident, outgoing and articulate.
Qualification/ Experience – Essential
• Previous experience of, and a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced, customer-facing retail environment
• The ability to engage confidently with customers from around the world
• A flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure and without supervision
• An eye for detail
• A knowledge of the city of Edinburgh.