This is a temporary position from June to September 2020. The normal working week is 35 hours to be arranged between 0830-1730 Monday to Friday. However, during the event period (late July and August) you will be required to work additional hours between 0800-1900 including Saturdays.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Event Related Duties
• Handle enquiries and represent the company positively in interaction with performer groups, seasonal staff, event contractors and partner organisations.
• Support and help facilitate the delivery of retail products.
• Record and facilitate return of event lost property.
Receptionist (The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo and tenants)
• Contribute to positive first impressions of the offices.
• Welcome and manage all visitors to main office building, including sign in procedures, health and safety instructions and issuing access cards.
• Maintain appearance of reception and common areas throughout the building.
Office Administration (The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo only)
• Answer incoming telephone calls/queries and forward calls as appropriate.
• Manage The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo visitors until handover to their point of contact.
• Assist the coordination of incoming/outgoing post and deliveries.
• Assist with maintenance of basic office catering supplies and specific catering requests.
• Administration to support retail systems.
• Other duties as reasonably required by your Manager.
Essential Skills/ Characteristics
• Good interpersonal skills
• A positive and flexible attitude
• Ability to work to instruction and deadline
• Good administrative skills
• Good computer skills, knowledge and experience of MS Office and Excel
• Attentive to detail and able to handle a fast-paced working environment
Essential Qualifications/ Training
• Experience in customer service
• English at Higher/A level (or equivalent)