Programme Sales Assistant
This is a temporary position from 6-29 August 2019. The working week is one of 23.5 hours although you may be required to work hours in excess of this. These hours will be arranged between 1800-2130 daily Monday to Friday and 1700-2300 on Saturday, you will be on duty every performance night.
Training on 28 July 2020
Job Purpose Summary
Join the retail team of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo as a Programme Sales Assistant based at the Tattoo event venue. Working with the Retail Manager/Supervisor, the successful candidate will work within a team to promote and sell the Show Programme to the nightly Tattoo audience on their approach to the Castle Esplanade.
• Engage and interact with customers to provide exceptional standards of customer service.
• Promote and sell the Show Programme to the Tattoo audience on their approach to the Castle Esplanade (the Tattoo venue).
• Responsibility for stock, sales, money and vouchers, balancing unsold stock and following daily cash-up procedures.
• On a rota basis this role will involve supporting your team with additional stock deliveries.
Essential Skills/ Characteristics
• A first-class ambassador for The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
• Confident and outgoing – this role requires you to make yourself both seen and heard as the audience approaches the venue so important that your voice can carry over the crowd
• Hardworking, reliable and numerate
• Articulate and well-presented
Essential Qualification/ Experience
• Experience of and a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced customer-facing environment.
• Confident communicating with a variety of people from around the world.
• The ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
• Cash handling experience.