Programme Sales Assistant
About the Tattoo
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world-class event, rooted in Scottish tradition, offering audiences an experience like no other. Performed to a live audience of 220,000 each year on the iconic esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, the Tattoo showcases creativity through music, precision performances and dance from military and cultural acts from around the globe.
The success of the Tattoo relies on the connection of performers, staff, and audiences and this enables us to contribute to Services and Arts charities each year. We’re looking for enthusiastic, passionate, and personable people to work with us and join our world-class team.
Temporary positions are available between 4-27 August 2022. The working week is 23.5 hours arranged Monday to Friday 1800–2130 and Saturday (along with Friday 26 August) 1600-2200.
Please note you, may at times be required to work slightly in excess of these hours, depending on our requirements and will be required to be on duty for every Tattoo performance.
- Engage and interact with customers to provide exceptional standards of customer service.
- Promote and sell the Show Programme to the Tattoo audience on their approach to the Castle Esplanade (the Tattoo venue).
- Responsibility for stock, sales, cash and vouchers, balancing unsold stock and follow daily cash up procedures.
- On a rota basis this role will involve supporting your team with additional stock deliveries
Essential Skills/ Characteristics
- The desire and ability to be a first-class ambassador for The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Confident and outgoing – this role requires you to make yourself both seen and heard as the audience approaches the venue so important that your voice can carry over the crowd.
- Hardworking, reliable and well presented
- Confident communicating with a variety of people from around the world
Essential Qualification/ Experience
- Previous experience of, and a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced, customer-facing retail environment.
- The ability to engage confidently with customers from around the world
- A flexible approach
- The ability to work under pressure and without supervision
- An eye for detail
- Money handling experience
- A knowledge of the city of Edinburgh
Knowledge of a foreign language would be advantageous but not essential.