This is a temporary position for the period 28 July to 1 September 2020. Due to the nature of the job there are no routine hours and you will be on-call for much of this time. Accommodation and meals will be provided to enable you to fulfil this role.
Job Purpose Summary
Act as liaison between The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo and a large international cast of performers, co-ordinating all administration and performance matters. You will be assigned responsibility for specific groups within the cast and work as part of the LO team to support wider performer interests and general success of the Event through involvement in a range of tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Meet groups on arrival and accompany on departure, making arrangements for freight, luggage transfers and storage as required.
• Ensure performers are aware of their schedules and arrange/manage transport, feeding, chaperoning etc.
• Keep performer groups updated on notices from The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo and return forms as required.
• Respond to welfare, medical and discipline issues as they arise – taking turns within the team to provided 24hour point of contact.
• Arrange repairs or other ad hoc services in response to weather
• Make arrangements for and supervise ‘performer experience’ events.
• Understand responsibilities towards the health & safety of all categories of performers.
• Investigate any incidents, reporting to supervisors any issues.
• Communicate with Production/Event Control in the event of an emergency.
• Be polite, welcoming and friendly and ready to offer assistance to performers at all times.
• Present a positive impression of the company and uphold our values in all activity.
• Any other reasonable tasks as requested by The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
Essential Skills/ Characteristics/ Training:
• Excellent communication skills
• Written and verbal literacy
• Approachable and helpful
• A positive, proactive and flexible attitude
• Leadership and problem solving skills
Desirable Skills/ Characteristics/ Training
• Experience in event organisation
• Foreign language skills
• First aid
• Military or musical background