About the Tattoo
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world-class event, rooted in Scottish tradition, offering audiences an experience like no other. Performed to a live audience of 220,000 each year on the iconic esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, the Tattoo showcases creativity through music, precision performances and dance from military and cultural acts from around the globe.
The success of the Tattoo relies on the connection of performers, staff, and audiences and this enables us to contribute to Services and Arts charities each year. We’re looking for enthusiastic, passionate, and personable people to work with us and join our world-class team.
This is a temporary position from Monday 25 July to 2 September. Working hours will be arranged on a rota basis covering from 0830 – 2345 Monday to Saturday. During the event (4-27 August) a normal working week will be 38 hours, although there may be a requirement to work hours in excess of this as shifts will occasionally need to overlap.
Training 19 July and 21 July 2022.
• Familiar with the site that enables support to audience, staff, and performers, as appropriate.
• Assist in the maintenance and positioning of equipment and stores across the venue.
• Assist with the movement of equipment in support of operational requirements.
• Support contractor and staff requests for general assistance and site access.
• Assist with staffing entrances, exits and other strategic points to control access as necessary.
• Assist with the removal of combustible materials as detailed in the Fire Plan and keeping
gangways and exits clear, as instructed.
• Communicating with the Joint Operations Centre (JOC) in the event of an emergency.
• Being polite, welcoming, and friendly and ready to help, as necessary.
• Support the Pipers Trail Administrator in supporting specific elements of the performance.
• Control access to the Alternate Joint Operations Centre (AJOC)), address general enquiries,
undertake general runner duties, and ensure the space is kept clean and tidy.
• Other tasks as reasonably directed by your line manager.
• Safety awareness of Tattoo COVID procedures.
• Follow, and ensure compliance by others, of COVID-19 procedures.
• Assist with the implementation of COVID-19 procedures.
Essential Skills/ Characteristics
• Good communication skills.
• Approachable and helpful.
• A positive and flexible attitude.
• Valid driving licence.
• Experience in a public facing role.
• First Aid.