This is a temporary position from 22 July to 31 August 2020. In July hours will be arranged between 0930-1630 hours on a rota basis. During the event (6-29 August) your normal working week is one of 38 hours although you may be required to work hours in excess of this. These hours are arranged between 1730-2330 hours daily Monday to Friday and 1630-0030 hours on Saturday, you will be on duty every performance night.
Job Purpose Summary
Provide general support to The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo Operations Staff, during the annual Tattoo on the Esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. Ensure that the environmental health, safety and routine administration of the Event is maintained. Provide support and assistance to members of the Operations Staff in the event of an emergency.
• Assist in the movement of equipment around the venue (including the rest areas) to support operational requirements.
• Ensure access to the Venue (from the Lawnmarket) and on the arena remains free from animal waste, as necessary.
• Being familiar with the layout of the site and able to assist the audience and performers by providing information, as appropriate.
• Staffing entrances, exits and other strategic points: e.g. doors or gates which are not continuously secured in the open position while the event is in progress, as necessary.
• Assisting in the safe operation of the event by keeping gangways and exits clear, as instructed.
• Communicating with the event control centre in the event of an emergency.
• Being polite, welcoming and friendly and ready to offer assistance, as necessary.
• Control access to the Ramsay Gardens outside area, address general enquiries, undertake general runner duties and ensure the space is kept clean and tidy.
• Ensure tidy and well-presented appearance of event space and that combustible refuse does not accumulate.
• Support ISO 20121 compliance.
• Other tasks as reasonably directed by your line manager.
Essential Skills/ Characteristics
• Good communication skills
• Approachable and helpful
• A positive and flexible attitude
• Experience in a public facing role
• First Aid