Front of House (Media Liaison)
This is a temporary position from 1-25 August 2019.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry out pre-event safety checks in designated area, ensuring that all safety equipment is in place and there are no hazards.
• Understand responsibilities and comply with all health & safety policy and procedures relevant to media guests, other staff and themselves.
• Act as a key point of contact for media on the Esplanade.
• Maintain a nightly media attendance list.
• Co-ordinate media movement, positioning and presence.
• Ensure that all visiting media observe the Tattoo’s communications practices.
• Work as part of the Public Relations and Marketing Team, providing help and support to colleagues as required.
• Report to the Duty Press Officer for direction.
• Assist in the safe operation of the event by keeping gangways and exits clear at all times and preventing standing on seats and furniture.
• Be familiar with arrangements for evacuating media guests, including coded messages and undertaking specific duties in an emergency.
• Present a positive impression of the company and uphold our values in all activity.
Skills – Essential
• Excellent communication skills
• Approachable and helpful
• A positive, proactive and flexible attitude
• Written and verbal literacy
• Problem solving skills
Skills - Desirable
• Experience in press liaison
• Foreign language skills
• First Aid
• Competent in word processing and social media
Qualifications/Training – Essential
• Standard grade or equivalent level English