Front of House - General Assistant
This is a temporary position from 22 July - 25 August 2019. In July hours will be arranged between 0930-1630 hours on a rota basis. During the event (1-24 August) your normal working week is one of 38 hours although you may be required to work hours in excess of this. These hours are arranged between 1730-2330 hours daily Monday to Friday and 1630-0030 hours on Saturday, you will be on duty every performance night.
• Assist in the movement of equipment around the venue (including the rest areas) to support operational requirements.
• Ensure access to the Venue (from the Lawnmarket) and on the arena remains free from animal waste, as necessary.
• Being familiar with the layout of the site and able to assist the audience and performers by providing information, as appropriate.
• Staffing entrances, exits and other strategic points: e.g. doors or gates which are not continuously secured in the open position while the event is in progress, as necessary.
• Assisting in the safe operation of the event by keeping gangways and exits clear, as instructed.
• Communicating with the event control centre in the event of an emergency.
• Being polite, welcoming and friendly and ready to offer assistance, as necessary.
• Control access to the Ramsay Gardens outside area, address general enquiries, undertake general runner duties and ensure the space is kept clean and tidy.
• Ensure tidy and well-presented appearance of event space and that combustible refuse does not accumulate.
• Support ISO 20121 compliance.
• Other tasks as reasonably directed by your line manager.
Skills – Essential
• Good communication skills
• Approachable and helpful
• A positive and flexible attitude
Skills – Desirable
• Experience in a public facing role
• First Aid