Follow Spot Operator
About the Tattoo:
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo is a world-class event, rooted in Scottish tradition, offering audiences an experience like no other. Performed to a live audience of 220,000 each year on the iconic esplanade of Edinburgh Castle, the Tattoo showcases creativity through music, precision performances and dance from military and cultural acts from around the globe.
The success of the Tattoo relies on the connection of performers, staff, and audiences and this enables us to contribute to Services and Arts charities each year. We’re looking for enthusiastic, passionate, and personable people to work with us and join our world-class team.
Following training sessions, normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday 2000-2300 and Saturdays 1745-2330 for every performance night 5-27 August 2022.
- Check the functionality of allocated spotlight and associated equipment; report any faults to the crew chief.
- Safely, and responsibly, operate a spotlight above the crowd at the Tattoo.
- Ensure that no food or drink is consumed by anyone on the gantry.
- Keep gantries clear of equipment and potential trip hazards.
- Remain vigilant for and report any unauthorised access to the lighting gantry to the crew chief.
- Respond quickly to commands issued over the lighting network from the control room.
- Be prepared to light unexpected, or unusual requests, out with the ‘normal’ cues.
- Safely switch off and stow the spotlight at the end of the Show.
- Health & Safety at Work and Clothing and Equipment: warm clothing is required. Safety helmet is to be worn at all times.
- Awareness of COVID-safety procedures.
Skills – Essential
- Good communication skills.
- A positive and flexible attitude.
- An understanding of lighting vocabulary and directions.
- Knowing your bearings and have a good sense of direction.
Skills – Desirable
• Understanding of military terminology
Qualification/ Experience – Essential
• Experience in the lighting industry
Qualification/ Experience – Desirable
• Experience spotlighting in an outdoor environment