Cushion Hire Assistant
This is a temporary position from 6-29 August 2020. Your normal working week is one of 29.5 hours although you may be required to work hours in excess of this. These hours are arranged between 1900-2330 hours daily Monday to Friday and 1800-0100 hours on Saturday, you will be on duty every performance night.
Training on 27 July 2020
Job Purpose Summary
Join the retail team of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo at the heart of the Tattoo venue. Cushion Hire Assistants will work with the Retail Manager/Supervisor to promote cushion hire/sales to the 220,000 visitors to the show. Customer interaction and high standards of service are key.
• Engage and interact with customers to provide exceptional standards of customer service.
• Facilitate the hire/sale of cushions ahead of the Tattoo performance each evening.
• Cash handling and cash up.
• Ensure that all hired cushions are returned/retrieved from the arena after every performance.
Essential Skills/ Characteristics
• A first-class ambassador for The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
• Confident communicating with a variety of people from around the world.
• Reliable, articulate, presentable and numerate.
• The ability to raise your voice to be heard and attract customers in a busy arena.
Essential Qualification/ Experience
• Previous experience of, and a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced customer-facing environment.
• A flexible approach.
• The ability to work under pressure and without supervision.