This is a temporary position from Apr/May to September 2019. The normal working week is 35 hours between 0830-1730 Monday to Friday. However during the event period (1-24 August) you will be required to work additional (paid) hours including Saturdays.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Event Related Duties
• Represent the company positively in interaction with performer groups, seasonal staff, event contractors and partner organisations.
• Record and facilitate return of event lost property.
• Support seasonal recruitment, collation of nightly information packs and additional administrative duties relating to the event.
Receptionist (The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo and tenants)
• Contribute to positive first impressions of the offices.
• Welcome and manage all visitors to main office building, including sign in procedures, health and safety instructions and issuing access cards.
• Maintain appearance of reception and common areas throughout the building.
• Assist with the facilitation of building maintenance contractors, cleaners and other property management matters.
Office Administration (The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo only)
• Answer incoming telephone calls/queries and forward calls as appropriate.
• Manage The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo visitors until handover to their point of contact.
• Assist with maintenance of basic office catering supplies and specific catering requests.
• Where time allows, assist with basic conference facility management.
• Assist the coordination of incoming/outgoing post and deliveries.
• Assist the coordination and collection of recycling/waste.
• Undertake basic administrative tasks for the Business Support Team.
• Other duties as reasonably required by your Manager.
Skills – Essential
• Good interpersonal skills
• A positive and flexible attitude
• Ability to work to instruction and deadline
• Good administrative skills
• Good computer skills, in particular a working knowledge of MS Office
• Attentive to detail
Skills - Desirable
• Good understanding of protocol and precedent
• Experience in Customer Relationship Management Software
Qualifications/Training – Essential
• Experience in customer service
• English at Higher/A level (or equivalent)
Qualifications/Training – Desirable
• Certificates/training in MS Office software packages